ASI’s MAX (Modular, Autonomous, eXtendible) Flight Software dramatically reduces the cost to develop and operate space assets while significantly increasing capability, performance, and responsiveness. This modular flight software architecture was built from the ground up, leveraging decades of experience in aerospace and complementary industries. The result is a streamlined framework that enables users to easily create proven flight software to meet the demands of modern space endeavors.
LOW-RISK, FULL-FEATURED FLIGHT SOFTWARE
- MAX Flight Software is a complete software architecture that can be targeted and adapted to a wide variety of spacecraft designs, payloads, mission requirements, and hardware architectures.
- The software incorporates ODySSy (On-Board Dynamic Simulation System), a unique built-in test capability with high-fidelity full mission modeling, enabling rapid spacecraft development, assembly, testing, and integration.
- The full-featured sequence engine uses ASI’s FlightJAS scripting language, which provides powerful, flexible control of the spacecraft including functionality commonly hard-coded in traditional flight software.
- A complimentary software product, STK SOLIS (Spacecraft Object Library in STK), provides a full spacecraft simulation within the STK analysis software and is powered by an integrated desktop version of the ODySSy-based flight software.
BENEFITS OF MAX FLIGHT SOFTWARE
To learn more or to see our MAX Flight Software in action, contact ASI at 303-979-2417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMONALITY OF THE GROUND AND SPACE SEGMENTS REDUCES RISK AND INCREASES RESPONSIVENESS WHILE REDUCING OPERATIONAL COST
- The MAX Flight Software architecture with ODySSy allows full closed loop 6 degree of freedom simulations to be run in STK, in a standalone environment (Linux, Windows, etc ), on a flatsat, or on a flight article in a ground test environment without any external test equipment. This commonality between development, AI&T, and flight toolsets adds significant efficiency to the design, test, and operations phases.
- MAX Flight Software started with the TacSat-2 satellites, it evolved with the successful FalconSat-5 mission and has been strongly leveraged for the 18 Orbcomm Generation 2 satellites. There are multiple programs utilizing MAX Flight Software awaiting launch in 2017 and 2018.
ASI recognizes that every spacecraft program is unique in some way. Therefore, we provide an easy method for creation of new component, sub-system, and system functionality via the Flight Software Development Tool, providing auto-code generation of major portions of newly created flight software.